Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chickpea Masala

This is a favorite of my younger son,who loves it served with puttu. To make more gravy ,you can add coconut milk and a pinch of garam masala on top of it.

Ingredients

chick peas 200 gms
bay leaves 2nos
onion 1 large chopped
ginger chopped 1 tsp
garlic chopped 1 tsp
green chillies chopped 2 nos
tomato chopped 1 medium sized
coriander powder 2 tsp
chili powder 1 tsp
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
garam masala 1 tsp
salt to taste



Method

Soak chick peas for around 8 hours.Put the soaked,washed chick peas with bay leaves and water in a pressure cooker and cook till done.Take 2 tbsp of cooked chick peas,cool it and make it to fine paste.
Heat oil in a pan.Add ginger and garlic, saute till it turns brown color. Add onion and green chilies and fry till tender.Add coriander powder,chili powder,turmeric powder and garam masala , saute for few minutes.Add tomato ,stir and fry till oil separates.Add cooked Chick peas into it and keep in the slow fire for 8-10 minutes,Then add the chick peas paste into it and cook till gravy thickens.
Serve with Puttu,Chapathi or Appams


9 comments:

Finla said...

I too like kadal with puttu.
The combo is so delicious

Anonymous said...

hmm.. I'm craving for some chana masala & batura! Glad you made chana. Now where do I get some batura?? :)

Bharathy said...

Wow!Nice to see you blogging back these days!Somehow I missed to see yours!..was beginning to ask RP about you :)with that pre-occupied thinking you are not back..:)

I made the curry just 2 days back..other wise I would also have been craving and drooling more! :)

Seena said...

ippol noyambaanalle..verutheyalla veg itemsil pidikoodiye..:D
I love this curry..

remya said...

puttu n kadala is my fav combo...its been a year since i had them.....

Uma said...

My fav. with chapathis. Looks yummy!

Dhivya said...

hi first time here..u hac nice blog dear,,chickpea masala sounds great and also new to me..thanks for sharing,,,will surely try

KF said...

Thank you very much dear friends

Vava said...

Cool