Saturday, March 10, 2007

Vegetable Noodles



I love Chinese food,especially Noodles which is quick,easy and healthy meal.My kids ask for this atleast once a week But they prefer plain Maggie or Al Baker Noodles.

Back to my childhood memories..Chiyang! a Chinese restaurant in my place From there I first tasted Chinese food,Woooow!!But I have struggled a lot to eat noodles with fork after some time I lost my patience , used my hand to have the tasty noodles!! that taste is still there in my memory and I never got a chance to go to that restaurant after my marriage.

Noodles absorbs and set the texture and flavour of the other ingredients and sauces they’re served with,While retaining their own texture.So you can add ingredients as per your taste.This special recipe is a mix and match of various other Friday recipies.I like the light sweet and sour taste So here I used honey and Soy sause to give that taste.

Ingredients

Chinese noodles- 225 gms
Finely chopped garlic-1 tsp
Finely chopped ginger- 1tsp
Sliced Onion-1 small
Dried basil-1tbsp
Chilli flakes-1tsp(optional)
Honey-1 tbsp
Soy sause- 2tbsp
Lemon juice- ½ lemon
Vegetables
Carrot – 1 medium size julienned
Capsicum-1 medium size julienned
Button mushrooms- 4-5 diced
French beans -1/2 cup julienned
Chopped Spring onion-1/2 cup
Green chillies-2

Method

Heat water along with salt and bring to boiling point.Add noodles and boil for approximately 5 minutes.Take off from fire ,drain and keep aside.


Heat oil in a pan,fry ginger and garlic,Then add onion and sauté until it turns brown.
Add dry basil leaves and sauté for 30 seconds
Add all the vegetables and cook for a few minutes.Add honey ,soy sauce and chili flakes .
Mix well and fry for further 2-3 minutes.
Add noodles and stir fry until mixed well.
Garnish with spring onion and diced carrots.




15 comments:

J said...

Ah, now you have changed your name to "Chinese Fairy" huh?? :) Nice mix n match!! The kids would have loved it, alle?

Mrs. K said...

Wow! The noodles look delicious. Lots of veggies going on, eh?

FH said...

Mmm..!!!Looks colorful and delicious.I bet kids love this dish.Thanks for sharing KF.

Sig said...

Wow Great recipe, I love chinese food, this is a great recipe, bookmarking in my To-Try folder.

Sia said...

ah!!! even i love maggi noodles. it was the one thing which helped me to stay awake during exam times in hostel:)
anything indo-chinese, i am in:) lovely presentation n love that spring onion flower too:)

Anonymous said...

Noodles look delicious...what a lovely presentation
-Sushma

Sharmi said...

hey Fairy!!
I love noodles ,but after coming to US I dont get to eat out nor make good noodles at home as i dont get the ingredients i want. but yours looks so tasty. Will try hard this time.

Shah cooks said...

sweet n sour noodles looks great.i can imagine my son digging into this. he loves the thai noodles too.

Anonymous said...

noodles look great...hmmmm...~smile~...thanks for sharing

Sumitha said...

I love noodles too,I made it some days back but never got to putting it in my blog.I too shall post it sometime!I liked the addition of honey in your noodles,

Mishmash ! said...

Hellooo My fairy lady :)First things first,loved all the colour in there and ur presentation, have noticed that spring onion flower too:) Secondly, Chiyang, u mean the one at eklm near pnvm hospital ? are we hailing from the same place? in which case there is a probabiltiy that that we went to the same college too ;))anyway, that was my first chinese rest too hey adding basil in noodles was new to me..wil try that.

Shn

KF said...

Aaaha..Tiriche goal adikkukayale..Post Szechwan Noodles dear.

Yes Rp,One more month u have to suffer.Duck is still in the freezer.

Thank You Asha,Kids really enjoyed that.

Thank You sig,Try this one,you will enjoy.

My friends used to make maggie noodles using 7 candles in the hostel.Thank U for the comment about spring onion flower.

Thank you Sushma.I think you are first time here.Welcome to my blog.

Sharmi,Do experiments on noodles,U will get better recipes..Don't forget to take Snaps!!

Thank You Shaheen.Make this for ur son.
Welcome to my blog Dilip.Thank You very much for the comment.

Thank you Sumitha,Pls do share ur noodles too.

KF said...

Yes Mishmash,that resturant itself.But I am from Paravoor,we used to come ekm for shopping and all,also I did my MCA there,But not at St.Terasa's.Hahaha I know u are the Product of St.Teresa's College,right?

Mishmash ! said...

shoo...!!! engane manasilayee njan STC product aanennu ??? where did u do ur MCA? sherikkum enikku viswasikkan pattunnilla, how did u find out that?

Shn

Anonymous said...

Noodles looks great. I make with hakka noodles ( Indian) and adding honey is new for me. I use ketchup to get that sweet taste.

Mushrooms are my husbands fav. thanks for sharing your version