Saturday, March 31, 2007

Penne Pasta in Tomato Sauce

Tomato Pasta Pasta was not my kind of food that I can make in my kitchen .This was my perception about pasta. I used to make something out of pasta for my kids that to just add boiled pasta to cooked vegetables and add some butter then serve with Tomato Ketchup. This was going on since four years and I applied the same recipe on different types of pasta, macaroni and the best result I got with small alphabet pasta.

From RP, I came to know that, what I used to make was just Pasta Salad. From her
“My workshop” I have learned some techniques of Italian Pasta. You know, I tried all her Italian recipes and all were good.

My niece is a pasta lover, she was with me last week and I did lot of experiments on pasta .
I am dedicating this simple recipe to my RP and of course this is my entry for
JFI Tomatoes .

Ingredients

250 gms Penne Pasta
3 large tomatoes
2tbsp tomato sauce
1cup stock (Vegetable/Chicken)
1 large clove garlic crushed
1 small onion
1 cup mixed vegetable, I used frozen vegetables
¼ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp dried thyme
½ tbsp chopped mint
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt to taste
½ tsp pepper
Cheese to garnish
2 tbsp oil

Method

Boil some water ,When the water is boiling add in penne pasta and salt.cook until the pasta become soft, drain the penne pasta and keep aside.
Next put tomatoes into the boiling water so that they are completely covered with water and count to ten, then transfer the tomatoes quickly from the hot water to the cold water.It is this sudden change of temperature that will cause the skin to peel off really easily. Don't leave the tomatoes in the cold water any longer than is needed to cool them down, a minute or two maximum. With this done the skin should quite literally come away just using your fingers to peel,deseeded and cut that into small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add onion and garlic to the pan,cook until onion starts to soften.
Add vegetables and vegetable stock and cook.
Add tomatoes and tomato ketchup and mix well ,
Add the herbs and saute well.Allow sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Combine pasta and the sauce and garnish with cheese and herbs.

12 comments:

Sig said...

Hey welcome back KitchenFairy... its about time. :)
The Pasta looks simple and delicious!

Mishmash ! said...

hentammme...ethu vaayichu RP eppo 2 feet pongi kaanum ;))njangale kurichu ethu polokke idakku ezhuthane ;) thats a very simple but tasty pasta preparation and beautfiul pasta bowl. Can I place the order now ?;)


Shn

Pravs said...

That looks like a delicious pasta, to me.

Sia said...

at last....:)
cooking pasta is not my cup of tea also. i still have to start my experiments on them;)

J said...

Welcome back! Pasta mania, huh?? Nice and easy recipe. :)

FH said...

I love Pasta and cooking with it.Looks yum KF!:))

Prema Sundar said...

wow A simple and neat pasta recipe.

Sharmi said...

Hi Fairy, welcome back. You have a very nice and different entry!! looks real good and delicious.

cheers
sharmi

KF said...

Thank U Sig..How is ur Vishu celebrations going on??

Yes mishmash! u can place order here..but u know postal charge rates will be high..uvveeeee

Thank u pravs

KF said...

Sai now its ur turn to try and post a becutiful recipe...Any doubt pls feel free to ask (Joking)

Jyo,Thry this

Thank u Ashaji,Premaji.

Sharmi,this is pure vegtarian ,u can also try this.

Anonymous said...

:)))))))@ mishmash's comment

KF, that is an easy recipe. i try pasta recipes too. i once made a indian style pasta-chicken which came out good.

Suganya said...

hi,
Ur pasta looks great. Its simple to..