Monday, February 12, 2007

Chocolate Brownie Hearts


Valentine's Day is just around the corner and all are running out to make something special...
There is an old saying"the best way to person's heart is thru the stomach" So my Choclate Brownie Hearts is a way to your heart.....
This recipe is from this week's Friday magazine and let it goes as a Valentine gift for all of you..>


Ingredients

100 gms each,butter and chopped dark choclate
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup each,plain flour and sifted coca powder
icing sugar,for dusting

Method

Prehear oven to 180 degree C/350 degree F.
Line a 24cm x 16cm baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
Place butter,choclate and caster sugar together in a small saucepan and stir over alow heat until melted and smooth.Remove to a bowl,cool slightly then beat in eggs until well combined.Add flour and coco powder and stir until well combined.Spoon into prepared pan,level the top and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the edges are firm and the centre is just set.Cool completely in pan.Once completly cooled carefully remove brownie from pan and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out four shapes for serving
Serve hearts dusted with icing sugar.

Tip:

To Achieve a perfectly strait line when dusting the heart with icing sugar use a piece of paper to cover one half of the heart and a steady hand ,then liberally dust.Carefully pull away paper.
Add a couple of handfuls of fresh raspberries to the brownie batter,then carefully fold through spooning into prepared pan.
Can add chopped nuts into it ,to make a wounderful taste.

22 comments:

Sia said...

came to ur blog though nidhi's and boy! ur chocolate brownie hearts have stopped me in my track. just beautiful...

Sia said...

very good work indeed:)

Pravs said...

Now i am craving for brownie !! One of my favourites. Happy valentines in advance.

J said...

Can I come to your place??? Or shd I do with the Friday magazine?:( Nice and easy recipe. Very good presentation and picture, Kitchenfairy! Enjoy your V'day!

Mrs. K said...

Just two pieces? hey, we are a bunch here! :) Just kidding. Have a happy valentine's day.

Mishmash ! said...

Looks beautiful. Happy V-Day :)

archana said...

Wow, you are all decked up for the day ! Loved all the colors in the plate.

Smitha said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!! The brownies look adi poli !!

Bong Mom said...

Hi
First Time to Your Blog and whatever you said in the sidebar is so true that I am hooked :)
Even I change my recipes every time and it becomes hard for me to remember. It's so difficult to cook by measurment I feel, but now for the blog I try at least :)

The Brownies are lovely

Shah cooks said...

nice looking hearts.. happy valentines' day.

KF said...

Hai sai,Thank You very much..

Pravs,Here my kids really enjoyed the taste of brownies , me and my hus didn't like that darkchoclate taste...

Hey Jyothsna,Come to my place dear..I am in Al Wahdha area..But pls Inform otherwise I will give u Kanji and payar(hihi)

Thank You Rp..Dear did u heard in bible that God divided 5 appams to 5000 people..So let us call our God to divide that for all our friends..

mishmash!Thank u verymuch..

Archana, thanks dear

smitha, serikkum adipoli ayittundo?Thank u verymuch for ur sweet words.

KF said...

Thank U sandeepa, I think for all the beginners that is a fact...
This foodblogging will help us to think about what we are doing while cooking ! means we try to measure our ingredients..

Thank You Mallugirl..

Inji Pennu said...

Hi Kitchen fairy,

I have posted an
Event.

The protest will be on March 5th. Let us spread the word. Thanks a lot for your support.

Nidhi said...

WOW! Chocolate Brownie hearts, thats interesting. Your presentation is very nice and it will make anybody's V'day even more beautiful.... Thanks for the Valentine Day gift...
Cheers, Nidhi.

Nidhi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KF said...

Thank You Nidhi

Chandrika said...

First time here and I will keep coming back...! The brownies look delicious!

Mishmash ! said...

Hellooo...enthu pattee ? kitchen fairy noyambu eduthekkuva ennu report undayirunnu ;)

Shn

KF said...

mishmash!..easter ayitta noyambe adukkunne..ellavarudeyum vibhavangal kandu manasu marummone pediyunde...

J said...

Kitchen fairy, evide poyi? Vallare busy aanu thonunnu.

Sumitha said...

Kitchen fairy my first time here.beautiful brownies and I loved your plate more,pavakka pickle....mmmm must try,pulisherry i love it too!

Anonymous said...

Wow fairy,

Great blog and nice photography. I like this one very much. Amazing creativity. Keep it up!!