Friday, February 2, 2007

My Weekend

Friday ,from morning here it was raining, and no way to go out...
My husband was busy with his office works and my kids want to play on my computer ,then I had nothing to do..decided to do some experiment for lunch...
Only thing available in my freezer was Kingfish,My mind started buzzing ,Try RP's Fish Biriyani...Try..I took the printout of that recipe and checked the ingredients, Oh what's this paprika and poppy seed!! I don't have that and too I have no idea about that .But I didn't give up the plan, I just substitute nutmeg and pepper ..Biriyani turned out to be a wounderful try...Thank you RP for ur Fish Biriyani Recipe

Fish Biriyani

Here is our Fish Biriyani...Have it with Salad , Pickle and Pappad..

(Because of the gloomy weather I couldn't take a nice picutre of biriyani..But really It was tasty...)





8 comments:

J said...

Hi Kitchenfairy, nice biryani. Which fish did you use? King fish?? Just to inform you, paprika = chilli flakes and poppy seeds = khuskhus; am I right fellow bloggers?!! You will not find poppy seeds in UAE as it is banned here.
Innalle mazhaithu fujairahverre drive chaithuvannu, nalla resamaayirnnu.:)

KF said...

Thank You Jyothsna ,yes I used Kingfish.Mazha sherikkum enjoy chaithalle..midukki..Check my new meenvattichathu...

Unknown said...

Hey..fish biryani looks delicious.I liked the colorful meen vatticchathu also...

Mrs. K said...

Glad to see that you enjoyed it.
Yeah, jyothsna is right. Paprika is added for color, you can substitute with kashmiri chilli powder or the regular chilli powder. I wouldn't add the regular chilli powder because my family prefer it less spicy. Paprika/kashmiri chilli powder gives the color, but it is not spicy at all. And poppy seeds is white kuskus.

Your fish curry looks delectable! Give it to me please, I can lick that plate clean.

KF said...

Yes,RP we really enjoyed...One of my friend asked for the recipe(printout),So your biriyani becoming popular in UAE..
Thank you for ur comment on Fish Curry.

Mishmash ! said...

Hey, u already got much going on here !! I've never tried fish biriyani, now I think its hightime I make one!!:)

Shn

KF said...

Fish Biriyani is really tasty,try it out..Expecting colourfull pictures of that too....

Chefs Menu said...

Nice Recipes there kitchenfairy,
Do visit my blog too for some interesting recipes,and dont forget to share your views,Happy Cooking....!!!



HOBBY COOKING