Monday, March 12, 2007

Baked Capsicum

Stuffed Capsicum

Pepperoni ripieni, a scrumptious main course dish can be made with red,green ore yellow bell peppers.

Ingredients

3-4 red,green or yellow capsicum
2tbsp olive oil
1 potato boiled and mashed
225 gms white button mushrooms grated
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1 small onion finely chopped
1tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves
1tsp coriander powder
1tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 ½ tsp pepper powder
1 small tomato finely chopped
2tbsp grated cheese
salt to taste

Method

Heat oil in a pan,Add ginger garlic paste, and saute for a while
Add onion,tomato and leaves,saute until soft .
Add all the powders and stir well for 4 seconds.
Add grated mushrooms and salt and cook till the mushroom becomes dry.
Add the mashed potato and mix well.
Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
Cut the capsicum in half and stuff with the mushroom potato mixture.
Garnish with grated cheese on the top and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
(I like the crispiness of capsicum, So I baked only for 20 minutes).

21 comments:

Viji said...

H, my first visit, nice blog. Baked capsicums look great. Potato rice is interesting, valentaine specials are yummy, will go through other recipes also. So you are in UAE. I am in Kuwait. Will keep visiting. Have a good day. Viji

Sia said...

i love stuffed capsicum. the aroma itself is so good when its cooked. try adding grated paneer while stuffing. it tastes wonderful:)

FH said...

Yummy!! Beautiful colors and recipe too.Good job.Baking makes life lot easier:))

Mishmash ! said...

Fairy lady, stuffed capsicum recipe sounds quite tasty...looks like u re quite determined in continuing ur lent, good job dear :) I got pav bhaji masala last weekend and will be trying one of these days..will let u know.

Shn

Vini K said...

Hey Kitchen fairy,thnaks for dropping by my blog.You have a nice blog here.The photos looks beautifulI saw your pav bhaji too,apart from the noodles and the capsicum,capsicum looks great.got to try this sometime for sure!:)

Anonymous said...

I love the flavour of capsicums ..and baking makes it easy to cook and healthy..very nicely presneted.
-Sushma

Anonymous said...

I do like Capsicum....you gave a great recipe...I do a stir fry Capsicums and Red Onions...I will post it sometime...thanks for sharing...

J said...

Fairy chechi, I've been here so many times, but didn't leave a comment!! The capsicums are pretty!! :)

Bong Mom said...

Lovely colours and a great recipe

Maneka Nirmal said...

i luv bell peppers ..the pic looks great..thanks for the recipe.

Sharmi said...

I used to make this when I was in India. But got some new tips from this recipe.
nice work

cheers
sharmi

Pravs said...

colorful ...didn't try stuffed capsicum so far. veggies noodles looks tempting.

USHA said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and dropping your valuable feedback there...

You got wonderful collection of variety recipes.Baked Capsicum looks yummy,Thanks for sharing.

Shilpa said...

Wow, this is pretty! too bad my hubby hates capsicum, so it's hard for me to make this for one person only.. :(

sunita said...

That's one very nice recipe...thanks.

Menu Today said...

Hi KF,
Capsicums inviting me!!!:-) Thanks for sharing this recipe..

J said...

Kitchen fairy, where are you? Vacation aano?

Sia said...

taking break KF?

KF said...

Jyo,yes dear vacation for kids and my neice is also here..busy with 3 kids.
Supriya,I am little bit busy with my kids..will be back soon.

Mrs. K said...

does that mean some kid-friendly recipes are coming up? :)

Anonymous said...

first time here
you have a very nice blog!
Wow the baked capsicums looks very delicious!