Saturday, February 10, 2007

Pineapple Pulissery

Pineapple Pulissery
Pulissery, is one among my husband's favourite curry and so we prepare regularly.Yes,there are various recipes of pullisery already published by my friends.This recipe is little bit different from others eventhough ingredients are all same.

Ingredients

Pineapple-1 medium sized peeled and cut into small pieces
Thick curd-1 cup
chilli Powder- 2 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
sugar-1 tsp
salt to taste
cumin seed-1/4 tsp
black pepper-2-4
coconut grated-1 cup
mustard seed-1 tsp
fenugreek sed-1/2 tsp
curryleaves-2 sprigs
dry red chilli -3-4
coconut oil-1 tbsp

Method

Grind together coconut,pepper and cuminseeds and keep it aside.Cook well pineapple pieces along with chillipowder ,turmeric powder and salt.Add sugar and remove from fire.Allow to cool.Add in beaten curd and mix well.Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds,then add curry leaves and red chilis,saute for 5 seconds.Add the ground coconut paste and stir well for 2-5 minutes.Remove from fire and add the cooked pineapple into it and mix well.Serve it with steamed rice.

Different Versions of Pullisery:
Plaintain Pullisery,Mampazha Pullisery,Pappaya Pulissery,Naranga Pulissery,Pineapple Pulissery

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pineapple pulissery looks good. I haven't had this. Next time I lay my hands on some pineapple.

Mrs. K said...

Looks delicious. I can drink all that in one sitting!

Annita said...

mee too haven't tried it with pineapple..it looks soo delicious..

J said...

You just gave me an idea what to cook tomorrow!! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Pravs said...

Thanks ! A positive vibe, always keeps my spirits high. Now i will try out your recipes and find out the secrets behind it .. :D

Mishmash ! said...

Slurp ! My meal is complete with a pulisssery, esply pineapple and a fish curry and thoran :)My weekend shopping is already done, so I guess I will wait till next weekend to go on a pineapple hunt ;)

Shn

KF said...

Thank You Gini,Do some experiments with pineapple and share ...

Thank You RP,That sweet and sour taste make us a feeling to drink ..

Annita,Thank You Verymuch.

Thanks Jothsna,Did u make pineapple pulissery?

Pravs,Thank You for visiting my blog...try my recipes and please do let me know how it comes out.

Thank You Mishmash!,I like to have pulliserry with some meat dry fry and pickle,there is one special chicken thoran in Annita's blog..

Shilpa said...

Hi Kitchen Fairy,

Thanks for writing to me on my blog! This pulissery looks good and easy to make! Wow, I'll definitely try it once I can find a good ripe pineapple!

Inji Pennu said...

ദേ ദേ ഇവിടെയുണ്ട് കേട്ടൊ.
http://myinjimanga.blogspot.com/2006/06/pineapple-pulisseri-pineapple-in-sour.html

പിന്നേ, എല്‍ ജിയല്ല ഇഞ്ചി ഇഞ്ചി , ഗസറ്റിലൊക്കെ കൊടുത്തിട്ടും അറിഞ്ഞില്ലെ? :)


പിന്നേ, ദുബയിലെ വിശേഷങ്ങള്‍ എഴുതൂ...
ദുബായിന്നൊരു പെണ്‍കൊച്ചൂം എഴുതണില്ല്യാന്നെ..:( എഴുതൂ.. മലയാളം ബ്ലോഗ് തുടങ്ങൂ‍ൂ ഫെയിറേയേ..

ഈ കിച്ചണ്‍ ഫെയറീന്ന് വെച്ചാല്‍ വല്ലപ്പോഴും അടുക്കളേല്‍ കയറുന്ന ആളാണന്നല്ലൊ ല്ലെ? ഹ്ഹഹഹ..(ഭയങ്കര തമാശക്കാരിയവാനുള്ള ശ്രമാട്ടൊ) :)

KF said...

Silpa, Thank You..

നന്ദി ഇഞ്ചി,ഞാന്‍ നോക്കിയപ്പോള്‍ കണ്ടില്ല,അതാട്ടോ അങനെ എഴുതിയെ...ഇപ്പോഴും എല്ലാവരെയും ശരിക്കും മനസ്സിലായിട്ടില്ല ..മലയാളത്തില്‍ തുടങാം..എല്ലാം ഒന്നു ശരിയാകട്ടെ...

Melting Wok said...

Hey there, thanks for dropping by my blog. By the way, I like what you did with the pineapples. By the way, what is thick curd ???

KF said...

Thank You Melting Wok,Thick Curd means Yoghurt with no water...

Melting Wok said...

hi there :) Thx for dropping by my blog :) oo..nothing beats a lil' pineapples in the right recipe like this one :) I love pineapples and you blended well with all the flavorful, aromatic spices, yummy !! :)

Zerin said...

hi,

i had a doubt regarding your recipe. can we use the tinned pineapples,for this recipe?0

KF said...

Hai Zerin,Thank u for visiting my blog.Ys you can use tinned pineapple also..