Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Prawns Moilee


You want some thing scrumptious in Jiffy??
You have a hand full of fresh prawns and a cup of coconut milk??
If answer is yes,Come with me, I will explain one simplest way of making delicious Prawns moilee.


We tasted this curry with appam first from one restaurant in Dubai.Wow!!Our tastebuds hooked into that dish.Thereafter we started going to that restaurant for having same dish on all weekends ,Weeks passed like that ,Once we went there with same desire ,but that time they were serving only buffet ..Taking buffet that time was really waste for us..So I decided to try that moliee at home .Luckily I got that same taste and same colour but the prawns they used to make were tiger prawns and they kept the tail part attached to the body for good look ..
:) As per RP prawns are not photogenic,Now I agree with you..Mine also in that category



Ingredients

250 gms prawns cleaned
1 small onion sliced
1 clove sliced garlic(optional)
1 inch sliced ginger
1 sprig curry leaves
1 large tomato sliced
2-3 green chillies,slit lengthwise
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp chili powder
1tbsp vinegar
1 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste

Method

Heat oil in a pan and saute onion,garlic,ginger,green chillies and curry leaves until brown.
Add all the powders and saute for a minute.
Add prawns and cook for few minutes in slow fire then add tomatoes ,keep that in fire for few more minutes.
Add coconut milk ,Remain in fire until it starts making bubbles.
Drizzle vinegar and serve.

13 comments:

FH said...

Hi KF,oh my! What a great color! and you say it's easy too.Looks delicious,thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

fairy, that is a good looking molee. somehow i am not very good at making molee and it never tastes authentic. yours looks appetizing. btw in the main header 'i' is written before 'l'.

Pravs said...

Looks like i am first to comment :D
I have not tasted prawns moilee, yet..will give this a try. Looks like all the prawns in the moilee are very shy. I think i can spot one or two :D

Mishmash ! said...

Well, this was your best pic till date...lay out and black background has come out quite well for you..I am happy that my technique worked for u :) Guru-vinte anugraham undu ;))) I have never tasted Prawns Moilee...talking of which I have been thinking of blogging fish Molee for quite some time...should do that soon , thanks for reminding me :)

Shn

Mrs. K said...

Looks great!
I was thinking what to make to go with appam tomorrow..We already had prawns pulav today. So how can I cook shrimps again tomorrow. This is really tempting, but I will wait.
Is this how you make fish moilee too?

Sig said...

Wow Fairy, you always make me hungry on my visits... :) yummy moilee... Now I'm not sure whether to try Pravs' prawn theeyal or ur moilee first, may be I'll make both on the same day :)

Suganya said...

Hi,
First time to ur blog....
All ur recipes are great.....prawns moilee looks nice

Seena said...

Fairee,
Me in Satwa..where are u..?

Bharathy said...

Too much...you are tempyimg me too much....ennodu ethu veno:(...reaaly missing my favourites...Hmm pulling thru with veggies here:( enthu cheyyaaamm:((sigh)

Seena said...

Fairy,
Which restuarant? Naalukettu or Bananaleaf? am curious to know..would love to visit there..

KF said...

Asha,Thank U.I did a trial with black backgroung,U liked it?

Reena,Just now only I noticed the spelling difference..Thanks for pointing that.Dear u try this recipe with fresh prawns..U will get the taste.

Hahaha...Ente kaiyill kurache prawns e undayirunnullu..

Guruvinte anugraham veenammmmmm
Dear I am waiting for ur fish Molee.

RP..This is really a good combination with Appam.U must try this..No Fish Moilee is little different,For that I will fry the fish first.

Sig,Which one u made then??

Sukanya,
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Bharathy,U are vegetarian now??

Hahaha..Naluketta mole Quasis le..Try Appam and Prawns Moilee from there.

Bong Mom said...

This I will love for sure. Its almost like a Bengali dish called Prawn Malaikari
The colour brings out the creamy richness of the dish

Prajusha said...

hi kitchen fairy
ur prawn moilee looks adipoli.