Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Khubz with Olive and Cheese Topping served with Tabouleh Salad

Khubz or Pitta bread and cheese topping served with Tabouleh Salad is a wonderfully light meal.It can be served individually or as a part of Arabic mezze.Mezze are small hot or cold plates, first courses, or appetizers . This is my entry to Monthly Mingle Event by Meeta.



Tabouleh Salad

Ingredients

50 gms burgul or cracked wheat
1 cup chopped parsley
1 large onion chopped
2tbsp chopped mint
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp lemon juice
1 large tomato chopped
1 tsp pepper

Method

Place burgul in a sieve and wash it several times under cold running water the previous night.Now drain and press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out any excess water..Combine it with parsley,onion ,tomatoes and chopped mint.Mix olive oil and lemon juice,pepper.

Khubz with Olive and Cheese Topping


Ingredients

4 small khubz or Arabic bread
1 tsp dried mint crushed with the fingers
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
2tbsp chopped green olives
2tbsp chopped black olives
2tbsp chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp cheese grated
1 tbsp extra oil for brushing the pan.

Method

Blend the dried mint with olive oil.mix olives,tomatoes,cheese with salt.Spread the olive oil mixture on one side of all 4 khubz.Brush the pan with a little oil and place the khubz on it.The non-oiled side should be placed on the pan.Cover the pan and heat the khubz on low heat.Sprinkle the olive and cheese mixture over the olive oil.On the top spread the cheese mixture evenly on the khubz.Cover and Cook on gentle heat until the cheese melts.Serve hot .

15 comments:

Sia said...

arabian version of pizza? looks sinfully delicious:)

FH said...

Mmm..!! Yummy.I love Tabouleh salad.Khubz with cheese topping is new and looks wonderful!Thanks KF:)

Mishmash ! said...

Now that talks for your experience with the arabic food! Awesome, dear. I have never tasted tabouleh salad. But I love that rich arab food :)

Shn

J said...

Ah, so you got the recipe from Al Mallah?? :) I love tabouleh, it's an art to chop that parsley so fine..

Shilpa said...

Hee hee, the presentation of your tabouleh is so cute!

Oh dear, I wanted to take part in this MM, but it totally slipped my mind! Now I think it's too late! :(

Sharmi said...

Hi Fairy, this looks just like pizza right? Nice entry dear!!

cheers
sharmi

Mrs. K said...

It does look like a pizza. Nice idea to have pizza when we are short of time. :) I like tabouleh salad too.

Sharmi said...

Dear Fairy, My hearty happy vishu wishes to u and ur family!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Vishu:)

Sumitha said...

Fairy chechi wishing you and your family a very happy Vishu:)

Sumitha said...

Yesterday I made your delicious pineapple pulisherry too!

KF said...

Sup,Thank U Easy way to make our kids happy.
Hai Ashaji,Thank U !
Mishmish,Because of U I did this,Thank U dear.

Jyo,I got the recipe from Friday collections.I am expecting some more arab dishes from u too.

dear Shilpa,I had sent mail to Meeta.I don't know what happend ,
this is not there in Roundup.

Sharmi,Thamnk U verymuch

Rp..I like Khubz with cheese toppings but Tabouleh is not my favourite...

Reena ,Thank U..How was ur Vishu celebrations?

Sumitha,Did u make Sadhya??How was Pineapple pulissery??Kolam aano??

Inji Pennu said...

Hmm, So thats how khubz look like. I have heard lot of mallu bloggers talk about it.

Shabs.. said...

Came here thru Mishmash...Saw that U r from UAE....woowww.....Lucky girl....what a nice place to be in...I have spent almost all my life there, and how much I miss that place cant be told.
You have a nice space here...I love tabbouleh...miss all arabic food!!

kitchen queen said...

Hi you have a nice blog with nice recipes